Need More Information?
High Pressure Mine Doors
- Get More Information
- Download Info and Specifications
- See Example
- See Example of 2 Door Programmable Logic Controller
Low Pressure Mine Doors
Personnel Man Door
Custom Controls for Door Operation (PLC)
Mine Ventilation Doors from AMD
|High Pressure Mine Door||Low Pressure Mine Door||Personnel Man Door|
American Mine Door® Co. has two main door designs available for the Mining Industry, a high-pressure door that has been used around the world for over 50 years and a new low pressure door. Our “low pressure” doors are a lighter design and economically priced for less demanding applications . We also offer our popular Personnel Man Doors.
American Mine Door is proud to introduce this new product to the mining industry.
The EcoVent Mine Door was specifically designed for a price sensitive market to improve safety in the mine – and- built for durability unmatched in the mine door marketplace.
Learn more on our EcoVent Door Page.
Operation of the AMD Mine Ventilation Door
Our door wings open in opposite directions. This unique design feature allows our mine doors to withstand many inches of water gauge pressure. The same air pressure that assists the door in opening also assists it in closing. Consequently, air pressure is equalized.
Ramp slope effects are cancelled as one door wing operating downhill aids the other wing uphill. Due to the equal force principal, our mine doors can be installed in almost any slope application.
To assure maximum lifetime value, our mine doors are reusable, and can be easily moved from one location to another.
Mine Door Options and Features
Custom Controls for Mine Door Operation (PLC)
American Mine Door Co. has the ability to design and build control systems to work with your door package. We can custom design a system that operates lighting systems and audible alarms, create door interlocks (one door cannot open if another door is open), thru door scanners (door will not close on objects), remote control operation, sonic trip sensors etc.. We discuss your unique control needs and assist you in designing the safest and most productive systems for your situation.
Want to know more?
Features of the Mine Ventilation Door
- Each door is custom designed to the customer's specific needs.
- Door size ranges from 5'-0" - 23'-0" Wide to 5'-0" - 16'-0" High.
- Custom PLC (programmable logic control) solutions for specific customer requirements.
- Electro-hydraulic, pneumatic and manual actuation systems available.
- We can manufacture doors that withstand up to 800,000 inches per pound torque of air pressure.
- Working together, multiple fans and the door operation itself contribute to the ventilation control of the mine.
- American Mine Door's ventilation doors remain closed if air currents are reversed.
- Allows traffic into neutral airways, where a permanent stopping is impossible to construct.
- Ventilation mine doors can be moved and installed in new locations, if necessary, avoiding expensive overcasts.
- Reduces icing conditions by installing an American Mine Door at the portal.
- Used in all types of underground mines: coal, uranium, salt, gypsum, clay, gold, potash, sodium, titanium, molybdenum.
Steel Frames and Steel Panels
Our mine doors come equipped with steel frames and steel panels, double-acting cushioned air cylinder, 17 gallon air storage tank, and control cabinet. Your choice of manual or optional photo-electric operation. Optional signal lights show position of door at all times. Air compressor with air storage tank available for those mines that do not have ready access to compressed air.
Double-acting cushioned cylinder is equipped with control valves for adjusting the opening and closing speed of the door wings. Optional rope pull contactor, slap type contactor or photo-electric operation located in-by, and out-by each door provide for a positive opening and positive closing each time. Eliminates waiting time by mine personnel and maintains constant speed through haulage ways.
Manual override on valve allows for operation of door several times in event of power failure. A shut-off cock, check valve (to maintain pressure in the air reservoir receiver should line pressure fall), filter, lubricator and solenoid valve are all mounted in a heavy sheet metal enclosure.