Custom Fabrication Across a Range of Industries
Along with our extensive experience in the Mining Industry, AMD Fabrication provides affordable, quality resutls in many other metal working industries. AMD Fabrication consistently works with power companies, paper mills, steel mills, aerospace, building trades as well as many other industries requiring metal working projects.
AMD Fabrication is a job shop providing custom fabrication and specialty services from engineering to delivery of finished products, using certified welders and the most current technology. Having one of the best equipped fabrication shops allows us to complete your project on time, with superb quality at a competitive rate.
Our extensive machining capabilities include: turning, milling, boring, and grinding. We have the equipment and personnel to handle a wide array of machining applications from small, high production parts to large, complex one-piece custom parts. Our machining skills are used along with our other capabilities to offer single source solutions for your projects requirements.
Our goal is a commitment to quality that shows in every job we do. We have a history of completing very large and complex projects down to simple weldments.
The Custom Services You Need
Since 1906 American Mine Door has been fabricating custom engineered mining products across the globe.
In 2015, AMD Fabrication, a new Division of American Mine Door, has taken these skill sets and established its own heavy fabrication services, including a new 1000 Ton Press Brake and 20′ Plasma table.
Additional Mining Products and Services
AMD Fabrication can also assist you with many other products that underground mines need on a regular basis. Please see below just some of the items that we have experience custom manufacturing for our mining customer. Please call us to determine how we assist you in your next project.
- Overcasts – under casts.
- Arches, square-sets (I-beam support assemblies for roof control), canopies -for entries and mine area where there are potentials for falling debris.
- Personnel platforms, steps.
- Equipment bases and support structures.
- Bucket / shovel repair or replacement.
- Hard-facing and ceramic lining services.
- Wear-plate (AR) fabrication and welding, repair and replacements (buckets, chutes, elbows, conveyors etc.)
- Insulated furnace doors, elevator doors, personnel lift cages and doors.
- RR fabrications and parts.
Check out some of the project’s AMD has completed over the years!
AMD Co. has all the equipment to satisfy small to large steel fabrication and machining projects. Many of our mining customers come to us when they require custom projects completed. AMD can assist with Engineering & Design, CAD (Solidworks and AutoCAD), electrical controls, forming, MIG/TIG/ARC Robotic welding, hard-facing, machining, painting, and final assembly.
EQUIPMENT LIST and FACILITY HIGHLIGHTS:
- 100,000 Sq. Ft. facility with 6 overhead cranes, ability to list 60,000 lbs.
- HAAS 5 axis CNC machining. Turning and milling.
- Messer 10’ x 40’ 5 axis plasma oxy torch, 400 AMP high-definition cutting
- 2 of 5’ x 20’ Lockformer high-definition plasma cutting tables.
- 12 Lincoln/Miller 450-600 AMP MIG welders
- Lincoln Precision Tig 375AMPS
- Various welding positioners
- Trumpf 4 axis 10‘x 200 TON precision press brake
- Pacific 1000 Ton x 20’ press brake capable of forming 1” thick plate at 20’ length.
- Nelson stud welder -3/4” capacity
- Hyd-Mech S-20 mitering horizontal bandsaw, CNC controlled with automatic feed
- Hyd-Mech S20A horizontal band saw
- Kaltenbach 6” capacity up-acting automated cold saw
- GEKA ironworker – 120 TON capacity
- Lincoln-Fanuc 6 axis Arc mate robotic welding cell
- MG Plate roll – 8’ x ¼ CNC 4 roll precision plate forming.
- Graco high performance 2-part airless spray-paint system.
- Design and Engineering services, Solidworks and AutoCAD capabilities.