houghts From the 2021 MINExpo, Las Vegas
114 Years of Mine Door Innovation at American Mine Door
This fall, American Mine Door attended MINExpo 2021.
We were privileged to have many visitors at our booth, and our only regret is not having a chance to meet everyone!
Now that we have been back at work, putting our new insights to the test, we thought it would be a good time consider the lessons of MINExpo 2021 and see what common themes and issues came to our attention.
Open Pit to Underground Mining Transitions
We met a number of mine representatives charged with transitioning from open pit to underground mining.
The challenge this presents is where to learn about and acquire the most modern underground mine door systems, installations that account for ventilation, automated operation, and safety engineering.
At American Mine Door, our solutions include:
- High Pressure Mine Doors
- Medium Pressure Mine Doors
- Low Pressure (Ecovent) Mine Doors
- High Pressure Fire Doors
- Roll Up Steel Doors
- Specialty Mine Doors
- Pedestrian Doors
With over a century of experience serving the needs of mining operations just like yours, American Mine Door® has earned a reputation for delivering the highest-quality products, affordably and efficiently. Innovation, safety, and customer satisfaction are our highest priorities.
Underground Mine Expansions
We talked to many representatives dealing with the challenge to expand their underground operations. These mines need to incorporate the latest in ventilation and large fan systems, as well as dealing with higher air pressure.
- When it comes to mine doors, they needed the confidence to install underground mine doors that meet and exceed the higher pressures needed in a growing mine.
- The second biggest issue during expansion is the impact of underground power outages on ventilation and egress. In response, American Mine Door has developed an exciting new underground mine door battery backup system. Read our article and watch the demo video at: The Challenges of Underground Power Outages and its Impacts on Ventilation and Egress.
Our expert engineering team calculates the amount of force that will be placed on the door analyzing such factors as water gauge, height, and width to determine torque. Doors with larger surface areas and higher water gauges require more force to open and close easily. In addition, American Mine Door will also need to understand mine strata, temperature, open and close cycles and application to advise on safest ventilation door system for each application.
Live Mine Door Demo
At MINExpo 2021, American Mine Door (AMD) displayed a live, fully operational mine door system at display booth scale. This mine door demo was completely equipped with state-of-the-art controls and performed flawlessly throughout the tradeshow!
The scaled, live system on display at MINExpo 2021 is now operational at our global headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio, and we are now offering virtual demos on demand.
Contact Us Today
With over 114 years of experience serving underground mines worldwide, American Mine Door has become the trusted expert in underground pressure doors. At American Mine Door Co., we want to earn your business, and we will discuss any and all challenges your mine faces today. We are prepared to provide safe service, and cost-effective solutions that have you coming back to American Mine Door for all your mine portal and door automation needs.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION on American Mine Door go to http://www.minedoor.com/
- TO REQUEST A VIRTUAL DEMO or OTHER REQIESTS, CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 216-432-3240.
See why the world is turning to AMD for the best in underground mine doors!